Thursday, December 21, 2006

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

I find myself perched at the computer feverishly updating the Santa Anita website hoping that the stakes nominations (due today) will be posted. This is what it has come to, Christmas is a great holiday but it sure is a poor time of the year for racing fans. We could talk about the Eclipse Awards but those in my opinion only heat up once racing itself has concluded for the year. We could talk about the Jockey's suspensions in Florida but really I dont know more than anyone else and I'm really not interested. The real heartbeat of this sport for me is live racing. It keeps the wheels spinning, every day brings different results and things to ponder.

So before this space signs off for Christmas Holidays I hope the fields for the Malibu are drawn and maybe Santa Anita will even post those nominations they promised.

No comments: