Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Blog Favorites

With Wait A While now retired the title of my official favorite horse is up for grabs. I don't often write about sentiment because on any given day I may choose to go against my favorites. Liking them doesn't make them good bets. But ultimately I feel that sentiment is what keeps many of us in the game. Losing streaks can sour anyone off of betting and injuries can quell the enjoyment of a race but old favorites keep drawing us back.

Here are some of my current favorites, I didn't list them in any particular order although I do think that Gio Ponti will take over as my official favorite.

Gio Ponti
Desert Key
Bsharpsonata
Ginger Brew
Coronet of a Baron
Vineyard Haven
Grand Adventure
Livin Lovin
Gemswick Park
Dream Rush
Tin Cup Chalice

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bsharp is in the Playa Del Rey at Hollywood tomorrow (but you probably already knew that). How do you like her chances? I like Peppermint Lounge to step up in her first stakes attempt... :)

Sentiment may be the death of me in this sport; sometimes it affects my wagering, but of course when Black Seventeen won the Vosburgh at 26-1 I did NOT play him in the win spot (go figure).

Kennedy said...

Sadly I don't think it's the best spot for Bsharp. I'm just looking for a good solid effort. Hopefully she has retained her form. She is good enough to win, even at 6f but there are too many doubts to take a short price on. I can't let sentiment cloud judgment.

I'm actually mildly interested in Highland Torree in that race.