Monday, October 16, 2006

Weekend review

There has been some speculation out there that Gorella didnt look like her old self. I submit that Gorella was just fine it was Karen's Caper who did not look like herself. Remember percieved acceleration has much to do with the horses one is passing. The fact that Karen's Caper was kicking hard doesnt detract from Gorella's performance. The Beyer numbers suggest it was her best lifetime effort. I'm not sure if that's true but it was close to her best form.

Scat Daddy once again showed his class and determination. Its really hard to imagine this horse being well beaten no matter what he tries. His price in the Juvenile wont be great simply because of this performance but I'm going to include him in all my exotics.

The Frizette was junk, those horses havent got the slightest prayer in the Juvenile Fillies. I suppose the only thing going for them was that all the other eastern preps for this race have been brutal as well. I think the balance of power is tilted in the wests favor. Dreaming of Anna looks like the only non-Californian with a shot.

Master Command may go to the BC Classic off his huge nubers performance in the BC Classic. But he's an easy bet against. He jumped up out of nowhere and he sint going to get a perfect trip in the Classic. I hope Pletcher does send him. Anything to raise the price of the real contenders.

Take the Ribbon again disappointed me and Magnificent Song ran herself out of BC contention but Vacare may give it a shot. Undefeated horses are always to be feared but I suspect the older mares will be able to handle her.

Showing Up is a very good and very consistent horse, it a shame he wont be in on BC day. I dont think he could win a BC race but he sure adds to the luster of the card.

I'm pleased to hear that Scorpion is set for the BC turf. I dont know if he'll be ready but I would have been happy to play him last year. He is a quality horse if back to his best. His form may be a tad hidden but he really might be the best horse coming for the BC Turf if Shirocco backs out.

No comments: