Friday, October 24, 2008

BC Handicapping Roundup

For those who aren't into reading tiresome pontification concerning each Breeders' Cup race below is a synopsis of my selections for Breeders' Cup day. These are all the horses that I like to win in order of preference. I would consider using all of them in the win pool and also in multi-race exotics.

FM Sprint:
Indian Blessing, Tizzy's Tune
Juvenile Filly Turf: Saucey Evening
Juvenile Fillies: C.S. Silk, Pursuit of Glory
FM Turf: Wait A While, Halfway to Heaven
Ladies Classic: Zenyatta
Marathon: Cedar Mountain
Turf Sprint: Get Funky, Desert Code
Dirt Mile: Well Armed
Mile: Goldikova, Whatsthescript
Juvenile: Midshipman
Juvenile Turf: Coronet of a Baron, Westphalia, Skipadate
Sprint: Street Boss, Cost of Freedom
Turf: Soldier of Fortune, Red Rocks
Classic: Curlin, Fairbanks

Much of my handicapping for the Breeders' Cup is a derivative of the results produced by my statistical 20-20 profile system. I exercise my own judgment of course because it is only wise to do so. But as a matter of interest I always like to compare my actual results against those the system produced. Profiles do not exist for any of the newer Breeders' Cup races so here are the so called "Perfect Qualifiers" for the main eight Breeders' Cup races.

Juvenile Fillies: C.S. Silk, Sky Diva
FM Turf: Dynaforce, Forever Together, Wait A While
Ladies Classic: Carriage Trail, Zenyatta
Mile: Goldikova, Whatsthescript
Juvenile: Midshipman, Street Hero, West Side Bernie
Sprint: Cost of Freedom, Street Boss
Turf: Red Rocks
Classic: Curlin, Fairbanks

If you're interested you can view a breakdown of the entire 20-20 system by visiting this link. To see this years profile results just visit the 2008 tab.

Just as a reminder to those who maybe haven't read this space before, the 20-20 system is not necessarily to be blindly followed. It's just a pet project of mine used to give me a clear look at how the contenders line up. You can read more about it in my archives.

Best of luck to everyone in the Breeders' Cup. Hopefully all your wagers are winning ones but most of all I hope you're really able to enjoy the best racing of the season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I am sure your know, $2 flat bet
on all your selection would returned Approx. $90.00 less $48.00=+$42.00.

Was out of town and didn't get back to your last post. Desert Code was honestly a Wuda,Cuda, Shuda runner, for me, because of his impressive record at the distance and at Santa Anita. I let myself be scared off by the odds. Had I gotten back to your post, I would have used him. I didn't get to track on Friday. Desert Code would have made my day, on Saturday.

I did end up with a nice Midnight Lute-Fatal Bullet exacta and I salvaged my poor day at the track somewhat by playing,
Gomez, Dettori, Murtagh, and Berjano at 5-1 or better as savers.

Over-all came up pretty empty handed and learned a lot about how well the Euros took to Santa Anita. It was unexpected especially after the Euros' performance on Friday.

Several of the Euros ran with lasix for the first time on Saturday. Without having looked it up, right off hand, I would say, not many ran with first lasix on Friday.

Thanks,

chicgo gerry