Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Saratoga Diary - July 29

Saratoga is the most captivating meet in North America and while I have generally refrained from posting specific bets on this blog I'm going to dabble around with some plays of the day for this meet. I'll keep most of my bets around the $50 per day mark and course we'll be keeping score.

My single selections for every race will be posted on the sidebar and a complete review of all my selections and wagers can be found at this spreadsheet: Saratoga 2009

Best of luck to everyone this summer at Saratoga!

Race #3
$10 Win - Riley Tucker
$2 exacta key - Riley Tucker - Pyro/Gold Trippi =$4

Race #5
$10 Win - Magic Tiger

$1 Daily Double (Race 8-9)
Speight the Halo/Saratoga Russel/Benny the Waiter
Kinsolving/Decelerator =$6

Race #9
$10 Win - Kinsolving
$2 exacta box - Kinsolving/Decelerator/Cowgirl Mally =$12

Wagered - $52

I think Riley Tucker and Magic Tiger should be the clearest winners of the day. They might both be short priced horses but I really love their chances. My price play of the day is Kinsolving, I think she can pull off the upset in the feature. I decided to hedge a bit in both the exacta and daily double because Decelerator is a really good horse. Race 8 is wide open and it looks like there could be some good prices so if Kinsolving can score at a price it automatically makes the Daily Double good value. I hate Race 10 so Race 8 was the logical one to target.

No comments: