Friday, August 14, 2009

Saratoga Diary - Aug 14

Yesterday was my first profitable day of the meet, it only took 12 days...I'm hoping that my next profitable day is not another 12 days from now.

Three winners on top and a trifecta score as well as an exacta. It was just a decent day where things worked out.

Congrats to Linda Rice who has continued her rich vein of form and is now in the lead of the trainers race. Pletcher has a far bigger stable and will likely win the title again just because of volume but Rice is the big story and she is doing the best job with her string right now.

Spot Plays for Friday Aug 14th

Race #6
$1 exacta box - Pendulum/Crystal Moment/Eto'o =$6

Race #8
$10 W - Straight Story =$10
$1 exacta box - Straight Story/Lime Rickey/No Inflation/Courageous Cat =$12
$1 trifecta box - Straight Story/Lime Rickey/No Inflation/Courageous Cat =$24

Wagered - $52
Meet Balance = -$412 (-58.61%)

I didn't have a lot of strong opinions today aside from Straight Story in the 8th. I love this horses chances and I've been waiting eagerly for him to run back. I think he's far and away the best horse and I've committed almost all of my budget today to using him in some way.

I'm interested in the juvenile race as well. I mostly like to play key trainers in juvenile races but this time I'm leaving off a major contender from Pletcher. Drover is a half to Ashado and Sunriver and he's by Storm Cat so he's bred to be a champion but after a series of dirt works they tried him on the grass and he didn't look great in that either. For the most part when you have a royal juvenile like this you start them on the main track unless they absolutely cannot run. I'm hoping Drover takes some money and the exacta with the other 3 logical horses is a bit inflated.

No comments: