Saturday, September 05, 2009

Saratoga Diary - Sept 5th

Friday was not exactly the type of day I was looking for to get me back in the swing. In truth it was one of my worst days of the entire meet. Nine races and the winner was only a part of my top three selections three times. I completely blanked on all my exacta's and trifecta's as well.

Linda Rice is proving that she isn't just throwing horses to the wind and hoping something sticks. She took two more wins yesterday to Pletcher's one. By my count that locks them up with 18 a piece. Alan Garcia also had 4 winners which puts him back in the hunt against Dominguez for the riding title. These battles for the human titles have made the meet all the more interesting even without the fantastic racing we've been treated to.



Spot Plays for September 5th

Race #4
$1 exacta box - Karakorum Fugitive/Soave/Ms Stilleto/Our Golden Dream =$12
$1 trifecta box - Karakorum Fugitive/Soave/Ms Stilleto/Our Golden Dream =$24

Race #8
$1 exacta box - Sean Avery/Mesa Sunrise/Hamazing Destiny =$6

Race #9
$1 exacta box - Peace Chant/Ready's Echo/Kodiak Kowboy =$6

Race #10
$1 exacta box - It's a Bird/Rachel Alexandra/Bullsbay =$6

Wagered - $54
Meet Balance = -$683.50 (-54.94%)

This whole final week has been very tough and today may be the hardest one yet. It seems like there aren't any clear picks aside from Rachel Alexandra and I'm actually choosing to go against her to see if I can get a price.

Race #4 looks like my play of the day spot. I really really like Karakorum Fugitive and I'm hoping that I have the right horses in the mix along with her. I'm also hoping that Mike Hushion continues his hot streak with Sean Avery. Hushion has quietly been one of the best trainers at the Spa this summer and his horses seem to be holding form very well. Sean Avery was impressive a few weeks ago so I'm hoping he continues that today. His race is a wide open affair though so it'll be tough.

Good luck to everyone and enjoy the racing today. It could be the day where we witness the confirmation of the best modern female America has ever seen.

No comments: