Saturday, July 28, 2007

Saratoga 2yo's

Results and Record: I was reminded again why I dislike statebreds so much. I simply can't handicap them. My 3 selections finished in the last 3 places. Now I've got to do some catch up.


Cumulative record of selected horses: 3(1)-0-0-0 (-$6.00 -100.00% ROI)
Overall record: 11(5)-3-0-1 (-$5.40 -24.54% ROI)

Race 2
I originally saw Mr Shortcake as a standout but he is among the scratches for today so we'll have to look for other options. Slew's Tiznow seems to be well meant for Biancone, he is the morning line favorite as a first timer. He is a homebred with average breeding so obviously its what he's done in the mornings that excites. Many of his works at Keeneland have been very good indeed but I think I might oppose him because he has drawn the rail and sometimes 2yo's get very intimidated down there. Globalization is an interesting horse for Violette. He faced Tale of Ekati in his first start and dueled with him until the final furlong when he gave way badly. Tale of Ekati came back to run second in the Sanford so the form of that race is decent. Violette is good with second timers and he gets Gomez aboard. The horse you really need to watch on the board is Wynn In Command. Tim Ritchey does not usually come to Saratoga empty handed and he obviously thinks a bunch of this colt. He has also got the services of Edgar Prado. He has been working the colt long which is somewhat odd but he should be ready. I'm also intrigued by an absolute bomb. Valadour goes second time for Jamie Sanders at 50/1. Now this horse showed nothing in his first race but he did take money that day and he bled. Now he comes in here with first time Lasix and two subsequent fast works. I know Sanders only wins one race every year but this may be the one and the price will be out of this world.

Wynn In Command
Globalization
Valadour

No comments: