Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Breeders Cup Thoughts

It seemed as though everything stopped as I waited for the Breeders Cup pre-Entries to be released. They finally came and I quickly purchased my online DRF BC Advance and greedily poured over the information for a few hours.

One would think that after having spent some intimate time with the Past Performances that I'd be brimming with insight and observations, but after finishing my initial scan I actually found myself with no ideas to write about. Perhaps some will come as I lay out the schedule for the blog until the Breeders Cup.

Tomorrow I'll highlight some fun and profitable ways to play the Breeders Cup without the necessity of any real handicapping knowledge.

Friday we'll look for some plays at Woodbine as the International and a host of other top class stakes races are being carded.

Monday will be the weekend wrap up as always and starting Tuesday I'll be posting my analysis of each BC race. Hopefully I'll finish that by Friday and have time to update the 20-20 scores for 2007.

As for observations about the Breeders Cup itself, I would say that the Filly & Mare Turf and the Distaff are two of most confusing races of the day. There are a ton of horses in both that could be winners.

Despite the lack of entrants in the Classic it is the toughest field since 1998.

Cross entries make things more confusing to figure out but I think every race aside from the Turf, Dirt Mile and Classic should be full. Those races will likely have less 10 runners or less.

Here is my opinion of the races that each of the important cross entries will end up in.

Honey Ryder - FM Turf
Nashoba's Key - FM Turf
Hystericalady - Distaff
La Traviata - Sprint
Panty Raid - Distaff

No comments: