Thursday, October 09, 2008

Oppositional Inspiration

I seem to be suffering from a severe lack of inspiration. It happens sometimes but I do feel a sense of obligation to fill this space with something. Otherwise my mother might not have anything to read over lunch. I've searched far and wide for a good topic and have been unable to find one so I finally settled on digging through my own archives. I know, it's pretty lame, but I actually found an interesting tidbit about myself.

I'm pretty bad at identifying horses to oppose for the Breeders' Cup.

I started this blog just prior to the 2006 Breeders' Cup and for the past two years I've always produced an early list of horses to oppose in the Breeders' Cup. The thing is I always try to dump horses who will either be favored or are coming off a good prep. As it turns out a lot of those horses end up winning. From 18 horses I've tossed I've had 5 winners and another 6 of them finished in the frame.

I think it's a good idea to simply look for horses that I might use instead of trying to take stands against big names. So this year no "horses to oppose" list, I'll trade that in for an open mind about each Breeders' Cup entrant.

Or maybe I should make a list, then take it to the windows!

No comments: