Friday, January 23, 2009

My NHC Entry

It's one of my long term goals to qualify for the National Handicapping Championships. I realize that at this point I'm no where near good enough to play at that level but it's interesting to play along just to get a feel for what it takes to succeed against the very best.

I know the NHC has already started but I posted my picks in the mandatory races on a message board prior to the first race. Also I lost every race that was already over by the time I'm posting this here so I certainly didn't gain any kind of advantage!

Friday

Mandatory Races
Gulfstream, Race 4 - Sail Free
Gulfstream, Race 5 - Judge's Pride
Aqueduct, Race 8 - Quip
Tampa Bay, Race 9 - Fotografica
Fair Grounds, Race 8 - Ski Ensign
Golden Gate, Race 4 - Fighting City Hall
Oaklawn, Race 9 - Finish
Santa Anita, Race 7 - Leedstheway

Optional Races
Santa Anita, Race 3 - Air Strike
Santa Anita, Race 4 - Goldroad
Gulfstream, Race 7 - Fisherman's Wharf
Gulfstream, Race 8 - Let It Rock
Gulfstream, Race 9 - Rhythm and Rhyme
Fair Grounds, Race 9 - Naturalyontherocks
Oaklawn, Race 8 - Oatman

Saturday

Mandatory Races
Aqueduct, Race 5 - Blue Bullet
Tampa Bay Downs, Race 7 - Lil's Lassie
Fair Grounds, Race 5 - Set Point
Oaklawn Park, Race 6 - Painted Ice
Gulfstream Park, Race 9 - Unfolding Wish
Santa Anita, Race 6 - Liberian Freighter
Gulfstream Park, Race 10 - It's A Bird
Santa Anita, Race 11 - Restless Soul

Optional Races
Gulfstream, Race 3 - Won Token
Gulfstream, Race 5 - Hennigan
Gulfstream, Race 7 - Backbackbackgone
Gulfstream, Race 8 - Wild Promises
Santa Anita, Race 7 - Hooh Why
Santa Anita, Race 8 - Dancing In Silks
Santa Anita, Race 9 - Dawn After Dawn

No comments: