Monday, August 03, 2009

Garcia-ville

Alan Garcia is in a major zone right now. He fully deserves to be atop the rider standings. Garcia currently sits with 8 and next best are Dominquez and Prado with 5. Justenuffhumor was only one example of the superb handling Garcia has been giving his mounts. I know he won the jockey title last year but I more or less figured that McLaughlin being leading trainer was the biggest factor but this year he's winning with anyone that will ride him. He's won for 7 different trainers so far. Garcia could easily be developing into the next big money rider in America.

Todd Pletcher finally got off the mark yesterday in the opener when Miss Catalyst took a contentious Turf allowance. For a trainer that had aspirations of reclaiming the training title he sure got off to a poor start. Now he often does start this meet with caution but Mott and Asmussen look like serious challengers this year. Pletcher may not be able to catch them.

Pletcher is about the only person that has had a slower start to the meet than me. Sunday was a rough day for the spot plays but I least I managed to get 4 winners on top as single selections. I'm showing a negative return of -87.64% on my recommended wagers. I hope to halt that trend pretty soon. After just having just 5 winners on the first 3 cards I've had 7 in the last 2. Hopefully that form translates over to my spot plays.

Was I the only one sad to see Kip Deville never really engage himself in the Fourstardave? Kip was once a very consistent performer. Now after two straight clunkers his career may be in jeopardy.

No comments: