Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Saratoga 2yo's

Wednesday July 25th

Race 2
Scratches have looted this race and caused me to completely revise my analysis. Ecton Immortal Eyes and Hi Chris are all horses I would have used but in their absence I think the race becomes quite a bit easier. I like Sargent Seattle, Stanley Hough has always been good with first timers and they rarely get heavily backed. He was a high priced juvenile and has been working very well. His one and only work over the main track here nearly produced a bullet. Pletcher's Forest Prince is dangerous but only if he is well backed on the board. I'd also use Bold Trust in the exotics but not for the win spot.

Sargent Seattle

Schuylerville Stakes
The feature race of the day is just as difficult as the rest of the day. I'm not sure I like Pletcher's Lady Chace and I'm not going to go for Contessa's I Promise. Basically all the fillies in this race are undefeated and none of the have beaten horses who have come back and won. There is one exception to both rules though. Dreabons Legacy is the only horse who has lost and she is the only horse who has beaten a winner. Her loss came to Rated Fiesty, the current leading juvenile filly, and unlike the rest of the girls in this race Dreabons Legacy does not have to go right to the front. I think she is as close to proven class as you're going to get. Sublte Aly and According to Plan look dangerous but generally I think big figure maidens tend not to run back to their high next out. According to Plan is the better of the two but I think I still prefer Dreabons Legacy. The other horse who is really enticing is a bomb Dicey DJ. She won her first start on the grass but she is completely bred for dirt. She was very very green and still managed to get up that day. She gets Lasix first time here, switches to a surface she ought to prefer and runs for Linda Rice, an underrated trainer who always seems to do well at Saratoga and has been known to win the odd 2yo stakes race as well.

Dicey DJ
Dreabons Legacy

No comments: